In this video John Beeson, author of The Unwritten Rules: The Six Skills You Need to Get Promoted to the Executive Level shares how to get a top-level Executive job.
If you’ve just missed out on an executive promotion you thought you deserved, wanted to learn about what “else” you needed to do, this book absolutely helps you learn how to seek the feedback that matters and what you should focus on next over the next 6-12 months and you’ll be ready to land that promotion to executive level.
You’ll find out about the key “Selection” – and also de-selection! factors to reach the Executive level.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- How you can still develop if you’ve already failed to reach Executive level
- How to Seek Feedback and what to do with it!
- What are the key Selection & de-Selection factors
- The Basic, assumed non-negotiable factors
- Demonstrating Strategic Competencies
- Building a Strong Management team
- Managing Implementation of Strategy
- Exhibiting capacity for Innovation and Change
- Mastering working Across Organisation Boundaries (including outside the organisation)
- Projecting Executive Presence
- Weak interpersonal skills and narrow, parochial perspective on the Business and Organisation
- Putting self-interest above the Company good
How will you get promoted to Executive Level? What other tips do you have to share? Please leave them below.
Get 2020 IT Leader's future articles in your Inbox!